VERSONA Grand Opening Sweepstakes March 2023
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, AND A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Versona Grand Opening Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins on Thursday, March 23, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time and ends on Sunday, March 26, 2022 at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (the “Promotion Period”). The Sponsor’s computer system(s) will be the official timekeeper(s).
2. SPONSOR. The Cato Corporation doing business as Versona (“Sponsor”), 8100 Denmark Road, Charlotte NC 28273.
3. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open to entrants in person at participating locations and only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, excluding California and Rhode Island, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry (19 years of age in Alabama and Nebraska). Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies (advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing), their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Each participant must submit an entry only on his or her own behalf. Maximum of one (1) entry per person. Upon entry submission, you agree to be bound by the terms of these “Official Rules” and to the decisions of Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Contestant affirms that he or she meets all Sweepstakes eligibility and compliance requirements. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. HOW TO ENTER. You can enter by the following methods:
You may opt out at any time by going to https://www.shopversona.com/preferenceCenter.cfm to unsubscribe from the email list and marketing program(s). Opting out of Sponsor’s emails and marketing programs does not affect your eligibility to enter or win.
5. DRAWINGS/PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING. On Monday, March 27, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. at each location where a drawing will occur and at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time for the Sponsor will randomly draw ten $50 Versona gift card winners and one $250 Versona gift card winner from among all eligible entries received at each participating store location prior to the close of the Promotion Period.
A total of 11 drawings will be held at each participating store location. The drawings will award the following total prizes:
A total of 10 Versona Gift Cards each having an approximate retail value of $50.00 and one Versona Gift Card having an approximate retail value of $250.00. Total approximate retail value of all prizes combined is $750.
Odds of winning in any drawing depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Sponsor will award prizes only upon winner verification satisfactory to Sponsor (which may include an eligibility affidavit) and subject to Sponsor’s final approval. No prize substitution, cash equivalent of prizes, transfer or assignment of prize will be permitted, except by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, due to prize unavailability for any reason, and only then for a prize of equal or greater value.
If a winner is unreachable; ineligible; fails to claim the prize or reply to the prize award notification message within two (2) business days of notification; or if the prize notification message is undeliverable; or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these “Official Rules,” he/she will be deemed to have forfeited that prize and an alternate potential winner will be randomly determined out of the remaining eligible entrants.
If a dispute arises, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. If in dispute, a potential winner must provide the Sponsor with satisfactory proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the potentially winning entry.
Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. No cash value or substitution of prizes will be permitted. Prizes are not transferrable.
6. GENERAL INFORMATION. Acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner’s permission to the Sponsor to use the winner's name and solely for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. DISQUALIFICATION. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed email delivery, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, failure of delivery via U.S. mail, or for incorrect or inaccurate entry information howsoever caused or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, the Sponsor may terminate entrant's eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes and will then award a prize, from all eligible entries received prior to (and after, if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for any entry, which is generated by computer hardware or software, malfunction, error or failure, or is tampered with or subject to any non-authorized human intervention. The Sponsor is not responsible for any prize awards not delivered to the designated winner due to delivery problems associated with the United Postal Service.
9. TAX INFORMATION: All applicable federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
10. LIABILITY/DISPUTES. This Sweepstakes is conducted in English (which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, as a condition to participating in the Sweepstakes and/or receipt of the prize awarded by this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and will be determined by final and binding individual dispute resolution under the applicable rules of the American Arbitration Association; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, and in no event will entrant be entitled to received attorneys' fees or other legal costs; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to, claims, losses, expenses, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
Where permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to hold Sponsor harmless from any claims, losses, actions, or damages of any kind, whether actual, incidental or consequential, for injury, damages, losses or expenses arising out of or relating to entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities, and any claims related to invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery, and to assume all liability therefor.
11. FORCE MAJEURE. The failure of the Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, terrorism, fire, riot, earthquake, actions of governmental authorities outside the control of the Sponsor (including but not limited to stay-at-home orders or operational shut-downs), pandemics, or other force majeure event shall not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
12. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST. To receive a copy of these official rules or a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Cato Corporation, Attn: Advertising Department, c/o “Versona Grand Opening Gift Card Sweepstakes Winners List Request,” PO Box 34216, Charlotte, NC 28234.
13. NAME REMOVAL PROCEDURE. If you would like your name removed from Sponsor’s mailing list, opt out of Sponsor’s marketing program, or stop participating in this Sweepstakes, go to https://www.shopversona.com/preferenceCenter.cfm to unsubscribe or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2023 The Cato Corporation. Cato, Versona, and are registered trademarks and service marks of The Cato Corporation, its subsidiaries or licensees. All rights reserved.